Hoofddorp, Holland (Homage to Philip Glass at 80)
Homage to Philip Glass – 80 years
Cor Knoester & Jeroen van Veen The collaboration Meerse
Philip Glass is one of the pioneers of minimal music. He is on January 31, 2017 80 years. The first residents of Haarlemmermeer time were pioneers hard struggle to make it usable area.
Now the pioneers come together: Homage to Philip Glass – 80 Years! Haarlemmermeer
Philip Glass is a versatile composer. This is also reflected in the varied range of Homage.
* Jeroen van Veen, piano, including Mad Rush, Metamorphosis, The Hours
* Amstel Quartet, Saxophone, including Music in Similar Motion, Mishima
* Harp Ensemble Zwolle conducted Liedewei Shoot, Opening from Glassworks
* Vocalise, choir, Three songs for a choir a cappella
* The Dutch Junior dance Division, dance, with “Structon ‘and accompaniment on piano by Jeroen van Veen (Metamorphosis 2)
* Tom Sanderman, saxophone,’ Gradus ‘(1968) and together with Jeroen van Veen, piano,’ Facades (from Glassworks)
* Ilona Timmer, dance (Moniek Goffree, choreography) and “Choosing Life” (premiere)
* Orchestra Nota Bene, “Pruit Igoe” (from “Koyaanisqatsi”) and “A Gentleman’s Honor” (from “The Photographer )
* The Hague Percussion, with “1 + 1”
* Wiek Hijmans, guitar, with “Music in Contrary Motion ‘
All musicians do selflessly join the tribute. The proceeds of the tribute be paid to The Philip Glass Center. force experienced in the spirit of The Philip Glass Center and talented young musicians.
Music journalist Olga de Kort (eg Listen ) presents Hommage. They also advance gives a lecture on the life and works of Glass. After the concert Bookstore sells books and CDs Stevens Glass and CDs from the participants.
The Hommage is an initiative of Cor Knoester & Jeroen van Veen collaboration with the Meerse.
Website Jeroen van Veen
website Amstel Quartet
website The Dutch Junior Dance Division
Theatre De Meerse
2132 Hoofddorp TZ